Saturday, April 22, 2017

Easter in Southbroom

We took a two-week spring break to visit our families in South Africa for Easter. I headed to Southbroom where I caught up with my parents and their new border collie puppies, Jinx and Jess. My brother, Debby and their daughter Penelope flew out and I got to meet my darling niece for the first time! She is perfect :)

Jinx the puppy with The View

Penelope's first Easter Egg hunt with Swiss chocolate eggs!

Fun at the MacBanana Adventure Golf

Aunty V and Penelope bonding over books and Duplo

We visited the Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve for a day, where we saw zebra, wildebeest, bontebok and impala. Oribi Gorge is a canyon in southern Kwa-Zulu Natal, cut by the Mzimkulwana River. We bravely crossed the suspension bridge on quite a windy day, enjoying the spectacular views over the gorge 400m below us.

The suspension bridge

Beautiful view over the Mzimkulwani River

It was a lovely family trip and a wonderful catch-up with everyone from around the world.

No comments: